We are Anjana and Ananya Murali, two sisters from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who want to make a difference.
is a second year medical student at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She started conducting chess workshops as part of her Girl Scout Gold Award project in 2013. In her spare time, she enjoys playing chess, eating food and writing yelp reviews, and reading a good book.
- Jane Goodall Roots and Shoots Fellow (2018-2019)
- HERlead Fellow, Ambassador, Grant Awardee (2013-2019)
- Youth Research Advisory Board (2016-2018)
- State Farm Youth Board of Directors (2015-2017)
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast Board of Directors (2012-2014)
- Girls World Forum Planning Committee (2011-2012)
- James V. Kunkel, MD, Pre-Med Translational Research Scholarship (2018)
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Day Writing Honorable Mention (2018)
- Phi Beta Kappa Junior Inductee; special recognition: The Edison Montgomery Junior Prize (2017)
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship Finalist (2017)
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Honorable Mention (2017)
is a first year medical student at Albany Medical College. She started conducting peace camps as part of her Girl Scout Gold Award project in 2015. In her spare time, she enjoys playing violin, crocheting, bullet journaling, and listening to music.
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast Board of Directors (2015-2016)
- Panelist at the 59th Commission on the Status of Women (2014-2015)
- Member of Alpha Epsilon Delta, Health Preprofessional Honor Society (2019-2020)
- RPI’s Phalanx White Key Award (2017)
- Point of Light Award (2017)
- Coca-Cola Scholar (2016)
- Prudential Spirit of Community State Award (2016)
- Zonta International Top 10 Young Women in Public Affairs Award (2015)